We are pleased to invite you and your students to the Silverado Cup 2018 National Qualifier Tournament on March 24th, 2018
It could be your first step towards the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan!. According to the World Karate Federation (WKF), the ability to compete in Tokyo 2020 will be given to all Karate practitioners in the world, as long as you follow the rules and regulations of the World Karate Federation.
This event qualifies the first four places competitors to the USA National Karate-Do Federation Championships and USA National Team Trials. This event will be held on July 10-15 in Reno, Nevada. It is from the USA-NKF National Championships that the USA National Olympic Karate Team is selected to represent the U.S. at international competitions. We enthusiastically welcome schools of your caliber, serious students and those who are seeking a first exposure to tournaments in Martial Arts are encouraged to compete in this event.
This is an open tournament. Any student or club of any Martial Art organization is welcome to participate in this event.
When: March 24th, 2018
Time: Check-in: 9:00 am • Events begin: 10:00 am
Location: Garden City Middle School
Address: 1851 Radcliff St, Garden City, MI 48135
- $80 for one or more events
- $65 team event
- Online registration will close on March 21st at 11:59 PM! NO REGISTRATIONS AT THE DOOR !!
- Single Athlete Online Registration (Secure Website): https://silveradocup.com/registration-form
- Team Online Registration (Secure Website): https://silveradocup.com/team-registration
- Kata, Korean Kata, Kumite, Iaido & Kobudo
Coaches: $5 includes admission and floor pass. Teams get 1 free coaches pass per 5 pre-registered athletes
- Adults (15 and Older) = $10
- Children (4-14 years) = $5
- Children (3yrs and Under) = Free
- Sr. Citizens (65 years and Older) = $5
- USA/WKF Karate Rules will apply www.usankf.org
- Separate divisions for Males and Females
- At least four competitors per division or they will be combined
- All Ages and All Skill Levels (Age, on 03/01/18, determines division)
- Fairness will be the guide
Required Safety Equipment:
Fist guards (white, red or blue). mouthpiece, groin cup (males) are mandatory, Shin foot/instep guards, chest guard, and headgear are recommended but not required. Preferable the WKF or USA approved type. Online purchases available here.
Scoring System: Our event will be conducted using Olympic Scoring System (WKF scoring system)
- Silverado Cup Flyer
- Silverado Cup - Individual Registration Form for mail registrations, only
- Silverado Cup - Team Registration Form for mail registrations, only
- Silverado Cup - Divisions
Rules: USA/WKF Karate rules will be in effect.